By: Katy Rice

Looking for a way to advertise your brand to increase traffic to your site or product? Look no further. Instagram has got you covered. The types of advertising it offers include, stories ads, photo ads, video ads, and more.  Instagram ads make it easy for the user to access your brand’s platform with call-to-action buttons such as “apply now,” “book now,” “contact us,” etc.  No matter which type of ad you choose to use for your brand, it is likely that your Instagram ad will be seen by thousands of viewers. 

HOW TO GET STARTED

1. Build your ads around your overall marketing strategy

Always keep your brand’s marketing strategy in mind while making and choosing your Instagram ads. It is important that whatever you are portraying to the user is aligned with your brand’s mission. You want to have a call-to-action included in the ad that feels right with the information that is being presented to the viewer. It is also a good idea to keep your other social campaigns, if you have any, in mind. Using a dual channel method, such as using both Facebook and Instagram, could increase traffic.

2. Make the images central to the campaign 

You’re going to want to grab the user’s attention fast with your ads. Users scroll through ads on Instagram frequently, and you need them to notice yours from the rest. You need a single image, video, animation, etc. to catch that viewer’s attention, getting them to click on your call-to-action button. It would be a good idea to use images specifically taken for your campaign. 

3. Use keywords and hashtags

Hashtags can play a huge role in increasing traffic. They are keywords or phrases places after the “#” sign that relate to your content. Hashtags can be clicked on, bringing you to a page with all the content posted on Instagram with the same hashtag. Think carefully about where you want your content to be displayed. Keep hashtags related to your brand, campaign, mission, etc. 

4. Use your social media analytics

Social media analytics allow you to see how many people have viewed your ad, how many clicks your ad received, how many people your ad reached, etc. This data can allow you to figure out which ads are working and which ads aren’t. It can give you insight into what users are more interested in. These insights will also allow you to improve your target audience.

Here is a list of how to use Instagram’s Insights for advertising.

5. Don’t make your ads look like ads

You want your Instagram users to engage with your ad, and they are more likely to do so if your advertisement is neutral in content, meaning don’t make your advertisement look like one. A study showed the people are 38 percent more likely to like a post if it includes people’s faces.  You want your ads to feel organic. You don’t want your users thinking you are trying to sell them something.

The 1893 Brand Studio’s campaigns team is highly experienced in social media management, developing creative, engaging social media plans to reach potential and current clients and customers. Contact us or check out our services on our website