What we recommend for businesses and organizations during the coronavirus pandemic 

By Jake Mory

We know this is a tough time for businesses and people alike  But at 1893 Brand Studio and The Daily Tar Heel, we’re always here to help our business community – however we can. 

We’ve compiled as many resources and pieces of advice that we can for businesses and organizations in our area as we all make the transition towards operating under social distancing guidelines.

Helpful resources we’d like to share with you

Tips from us

We know this is a struggle. But that doesn’t mean we can’t get through this. Below are some helpful tips that can help us all get through this together. 

If you offer gift cards, make it easy to purchase

Marketing gift card options is a great way to build relationships, gain new business and compete with national businesses. Add the option to your website and post about it regularly on social media. 

Market your “remote” services – i.e. takeout and delivery; video consultations etc.

Adaptation is necessary to keep customers and remain profitable in this time. Figure out what problem your business can still solve for people, and focus on it.

If your restaurant offers delivery or takeout, make sure that information is easily discoverable on your social media and websites. If your business can still take new clients and help people in the world of social distancing, make that known.

Engage with your community 

This is a great opportunity to get active on social media and interact with your audience. Test your audience and interact with them to find out what changes you can make to your business. 

One of the most important things your business can accomplish to stay relevant and profitable during this time is to stay connected. Using appropriate media to drive sales and maintain brand image during this pandemic can not only keep relationships stable, it can also foster new ones.

Watch your tone

Social media doesn’t have to be silent right now – in fact, more people are online, trying to fill their time that would be usually spent out and about. 

It is important to keep a light tone and remain positive, but be aware of the mood of the community. This is a fragile time for public relations, so being mindful of your content is vital to keeping your customers happy. 

Avoid memes or jokes that make light of the situation. Try polls on Instagram or launch a bracket challenge relevant to your business. Creativity is always a plus.

People are hyperaware of how brands are interacting with them right now – make sure you’re one of the good ones.

Partner with other organizations to offer creative solutions

We see a lot of opportunities for mutually beneficial relationships between businesses and organizations in our community – and a lot of this collaboration is already happening. 

Think of what your organization can do for others, and think of the needs your customers are experiencing right now. How can you put their needs first, and work with others to offer solutions? 

We’re here for you.

Everyone is doing the best they can during this unprecedented situation, and we’re here for you if you need us. Make a plan, stay engaged and take care of yourself and your employees. Remember: You’re not on your own.

The teams at 1893 Brand Studio and The Daily Tar Heel are online during the week to assist with businesses that just aren’t sure where to go from here. Send us an email and we’ll do what we can to help you out.