By: Nick Valego

Chapel Hill is a great place to start and grow a business. 

The town supports a population of 60,000, half of which are students at the nation’s first public university, UNC. Vibrant music, arts, sports and food scenes create a special town that blends rich history with a bright future. 

The greater Triangle area is a growing business hub as well. More than 2,500 startups have been launched in the area, and it was ranked by Inc.com in 2018 as the third best place in America for small businesses. 

Starting and owning a business can be daunting. Thankfully, there are plenty of resources locally to help current and prospective business owners get situated.

Hone your business plan

Strategy is key to any successful business. 

There are many local organizations that offer counseling assistance and access to experienced mentors. Help is easy to find, and there are many free educational services available. 

Make connections

Who you know is vital in the business world. 

Networking can be a struggle, but these resources can help business owners figure out how to gain some useful contacts.

Access capital

Capital is important for any business, but it’s not always easy to come by. 

Thankfully, there are programs in place to help new businesses get on their feet and existing ones running smoothly.

Find space to work

A normal office space can be outside the realm of possibility for a number of reasons. Chapel Hill offers state-of-the-art coworking spaces that cater to new startups.

How can the 1893 Brand Studio help?

The 1893 Brand Studio wants to help local businesses grow. 

Our work revolves around combining traditional storytelling with modern marketing strategies. We offer web development, graphic design, photo/video and campaign services. 

Whatever your brand needs, our student-driven teams will find the best way to represent you. Contact us today.