Everything You Need to Know About Social Media Advertisements
In today’s age, nearly every business is using some form of social media to connect with its clients. Social media advertisements are a great way to do so strategically.
Advertising looks different and can reach a different audience depending on the social media platform used. Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are some of the more common platforms used by businesses, but vary in how they are used most effectively for advertising.
Why Does Social Media Matter?
- Using social media as a business allows for the brand to become better known by its audience. When clients are checking their social media and see an advertisement or a customer who shares a business’s products, it helps grow the relationship between the business and its customers.
- Social media also allows for a wider range of audiences, as there are millions of people online who can come across an advertisement. Building up a presence on different social media platforms helps the brand’s identity in becoming a household name.
Social Media Usage
Social media has become a crucial method of communication. The statistics below break down some different social media platforms.
- 2.8 billion active monthly Facebook users
- 71 percent of U.S. adults ages 18 to 29 use Instagram
- 52 percent of U.S. adults reported using Twitter daily
The statistics show the potential reach businesses can have on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, three of the most popular forms of social media. Many people have quickly become active social media users and depend on it for their news and media.
The increase in social media usage is beneficial for business because it increases reachable customers and can boost the awareness of your brand.
How to Advertise on Different Platforms
Users turn to social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for different reasons. Understanding the differences between these platforms shows how advertisements vary from platform to platform.
- Twitter: Twitter’s main audience is users aged 18 to 29, with users 30 to 49 following in ranks. Lengthy advertisements will be less effective on Twitter due to the 280 character count for tweets, so the message should be communicated clearly and concisely.
- Instagram: Instagram relies on the use of pictures or videos more than other social media platforms. The caption is important, but the graphics will catch someone’s attention on their feed. Instagram also has business profiles, which boosts ads posted and can help a business gain more of a following.
- Facebook: Facebook has several different paid advertisement features. For example, its dynamic advertising feature collects data from Facebook users and determines which ads these users would benefit from seeing. The ads will then appear as photos, videos or slideshows directly on that individual’s feed.
For more information on how businesses can advertise with social media, read the articles below.
- 5 Reasons to Utilize Social Media
- What is Social Media Advertising?
- What Social Media Platforms Are Right for My Business?
By Ashley Sipe